Males, Saturdays 10:00 a.m. - 2:00 p.m.
Males, Saturdays 4:00 p..m. - 8:00 p.m.
Males, Thursdays 4:00 p.m - 8:00 p.m
Africentricity: Freedom from Abusive Relationships also known as AFAR is a program designed to target 216 male batterers annually.
The AFAR program offered by APDS is modeled after the Domestic Abuse Intervention Project of Duluth, Minnesota. The program is in compliance with Ohio Batterer Intervention Standards to provide domestic violence education classes. APDS corresponds with the courts, probation and parole personnel, and other organizations in addressing this serious social problem.
The Treatment process:
- Intake and Assessment
- Group Session (4 hrs) held once a week for a minimum of 16 consecutive weeks
- A minimum of four individual sessions for each participant
- Random Urinalysis
- After Care & Referral Services (as needed basis)
- Completion of Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Self knowledge
- Historical & cultural knowledge
- Alcohol & drugs issues
- Anger Management
- Parenting, Family Development
- Power and Control Wheel
- Tactics of men who batter
- Mediation and much more