Domestic Violence & Intervention Education
Domestic Violence Education Prevention for Men.
Provides a comprehensive domestic violence education and intervention program that uses the Duluth Model, Journey to Change, and the APDS Readiness Module for male batterers involved in domestic violence.
Domestic Violence Education Classes for Men (Level B)
- Wednesdays 12:00 PM – 1:30 PM
Domestic Violence Education Classes for Men (Level C)
- Monday and Wednesday 6:00 PM to 7:30PM
- Tuesday and Thursday 12:00PM to 1:30PM
- Tuesday and Thursday 6:00PM to 7:30PM
Africentricity: Freedom from Abusive Relationships also known as AFAR is a program designed to target 216 male batterers annually.
The AFAR program offered by APDS is modeled after the Domestic Abuse Intervention Project of Duluth, Minnesota. The program is in compliance with Ohio Batterer Intervention Standards to provide domestic violence education classes. APDS corresponds with the courts, probation and parole personnel, and other organizations in addressing this serious social problem.
The Treatment Process:
- Intake and Assessment
- Group Session (2hrs) held twice a week for a minimum of 30 consecutive weeks
- A minimum of five individual sessions for each participant.
- After Care & Referral Services (as needed basis)
- Completion of Customer Satisfaction Survey
- Self knowledge
- Historical & cultural knowledge
- Alcohol & drugs issues
- Anger Management
- Parenting, Family Development
- Power and Control Wheel
- Tactics of men who batter
- Mediation and much more